- what data we’re collecting
- how we collect it
- why we need it
- what we do with it
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We respect the right to privacy of all users and are fully committed to protecting that right.
Theconsultantlb.com (owned by Hospitality Development Company By Houssam Chouman) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
What information are we collecting about you?
When users visit and interact with our site, we collect both personal data and non-personal data.
Personal data is typically recorded when users apply for a course or purchase a product. More detailed personal information may be recorded through participation by users in surveys, promotions, offers, queries and requests for information.
First of all we’re collecting personal data which is information that identifies you as an individual. This can include all or some of the following, such as:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Profile picture ( Optional )
- Country of residence
- Age group
When you sign up for a course for the first time, we ask for details such as:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Age Group
If you sign up with Facebook then we can access your:
- First name
- Last name
- Profile picture
We may collect your phone number if you signed up to Facebook with your phone as well as other public information (please revert to Facebook to understand what the other public information may be).
If you sign up with Google Account we have access to your:
- First name
- Last name
- Profile picture
How do we collect this information?
There are various ways we can get this information:
- Communication Data:This includes any information you send to us, such as through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We use this information so we can communicate with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data:This includes data relating to any purchases of courses or related services. This information could be your name, title, email address, and purchase details. We process this data to supply the courses, course material and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract. Once you have completed the course, we may need your billing address or delivery address to send your certificates to you. We do not keep your bank card details as this is collected by a secure payment gateway, either Paypal or Stripe.
- User Data: This includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data: This includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your username, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business, and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data: This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to take part in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Cookies: We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
- Third Parties: We may receive data from third parties such as search information providers and analytics providers like Google based outside LEBANON social media campaigns like Facebook based outside LEBANON, or providers of technical, payment and delivery services, like data brokers or aggregators. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
Why do we want this information?
Any information collected by us is used for the sole purpose of delivering and improving our services, products, and overall student experience. It helps us to tailor our service to suit you.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver courses or other services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at :firstname.lastname@example.org In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this data so we can send you useful information, such as:
- to complete your purchase by being able to process your payments, have your course or other purchase delivered to you, get in touch with you regarding your purchase and to provide you with related customer service
- if you are studying or have taken one of our online courses, we can send you details of our other products and services which we think will interest you
- to manage your account that you hold with us
- to allow you to use the full range of features on our website including access to your Virtual Campus
- to send you emails with updates and announcements concerning our courses, promotions and any other news to keep you informed about our services
- to get back in touch with you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and from our partners
- to personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to your individual needs
- to allow you to take part in competitions or other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so it is important that you read the additional rules carefully
- to answer any of your questions, comments or requests such as sending you newsletters when you sign up for our emails
- to keep you up-to-date on any information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- to permit you to post comments and share information on our social media pages and blogs. Don’t forget that any information you disclose through social media is public information and so will be available to other visitors to our pages. Take care what personal information you want to share which is visible to the wider world
- so that you can take part in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to help us provide a better service for you by analyzing our customers and their needs. We’ll use your data for our business purposes so we can develop new courses and related products, enhance our websites, improve our services, identify user trends, see how successful our promotions are, review customer satisfaction and provide the best customer service possible
- we may ask for your feedback in surveys or testimonials to help us provide an even better service for you and for other students to know what people think of our courses. Your name, country, picture and the content of your review (but not your email address or IP address) may be publicly displayed on our website. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in marketing our products and services. You may ask us to remove your review at any time
Will the data be shared with 3rd parties?
We do not share your personal data with any third party for their marketing purposes. If we partner with a third party whose offer may be of interest to you, we will contact you and ask for your specific consent to communicate further on that partnership.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Service providers who provide marketing, sales and analytics support
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
This website may include links to third-party websites, social media networks, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We keep all your personal data confidential – only employees who need to access your account for the purpose of delivering our service to you, have access to them. We do not sell or pass your personal data to any third parties unless we receive specific consent from you to do this .We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will we store your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as you have a student account with us. We do not close your account to allow you to access your certificate and/or course materials.
We are also obliged to keep some of your personal data for the purposes of satisfying any legal, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may use your personal data anonymously for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How can you get taken off the mailing list?
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and updating your preferences under your account details OR by following the unsubscribe link on any marketing messages sent to you OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
How can you raise a complaint?
If you have any queries or are unsure about any aspect of how we collect and use your data, we’re happy to help you. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can resolve any issues you have. You have the right to complain to your local supervisory authority but please contact us first so we can resolve the matter quickly and satisfactorily.
When you use our website to browse our products and services and view the information we make available, a number of cookies are used to allow the website to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help make your user experience better.